Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment. Your routine home medications, and any medications prescribed by our office specifically for your surgery appointment, may be taken the morning of surgery with a small sip of water unless specifically instructed otherwise by Dr. Martin.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, drive the patient home, and remain with the patient for 24 hours following surgery.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing, preferably short sleeve shirts, and low-heeled shoes. We have blankets available and will adjust temperature according to your preference to ensure a comfortable experience.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery. Please do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, nail polish, or ACRYLIC NAILS on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Martin prior to your surgical date for instructions regarding these medications.